PEOPLE, PLANET, PROSPERITY
Can social mobilisation shape the agenda at the local, national, and global levels?
June 28, 2021. 17:00 – 20:00 Hrs (Geneva Time)
a) In Person
At the Aula Piaget, UNIDufour. Rue Général-Dufour 24. 1204 Genève
Registration at the following address. (Due to health restrictions, the number of participants is limited).
Meeting Number: 461-763-8394
Facebook Live: www.facebook.com/Greycells.ch
ENGLISH AND FRENCH INTERPRETATION
Short Bio’s of the panelists available at: http://bit.ly/BIOs_and_References_Biographies_et_références
17:00 – 17:15 Welcome and introduction
- Mr. Alejandro BONILLA GARCÍA, President, Greycells
- Ms. Tatiana VALOVAYA, Director General, United Nations Office at Geneva, UNOG
- Ms. Christina KITSOS, Conseillère administrative, City of Geneva
Moderator: Mr. Jérémy SEYDOUX
17:15 – 17:20 Keynote address: Ms. Gro Harlem BRUNTLAND, The Elders (video)
17:20 – 18:00 Panel 1: PEOPLE: Social Inequalities, Including Gender
- Ms. Annie NAMALA (India), Director, Centre for Equity and Inclusion, New Delhi, via ZOOM, Senior
- Mr. Adama SANNEH (Italy), Co-Founder and CEO, Moleskine Foundation, education and creativity for social change and WikiAfrica Education Initiative, Millennial.
- Ms. Olive LINYUIY KINGA (Cameroun), Founder of a NGO on child and family poverty, candidate Master of Advanced Studies, University of Geneva (UNIGE), Millennial.
- Ms. Adiba QASIM (Iraq) Yazidi survivor from Northern Iraq, refugee in Switzerland; humanitarian and freelance journalist, Millennial.
Discussant Panel 1:
- Ms Gabriele KOEHLER, Senior Research Associate, United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD), member of Greycells.
18:00 – 18:40 Panel 2: PLANET: Environment and Climate Change
- Ms. Océane DAYER (Switzerland), Co-President Sustainable Development Solutions Network Switzerland (SDSN CH). Millenial.
- Mr. Alain FREI, Co-presidents (Switzerland), “Grands parents pour le climat”, Senior.
- Mr. Lefteris ARAPAKIS (Greece), environmental activist for sustainable fisheries, Founder of Enaleia, and Regional Winner 2020 of Young Champions of the Earth, via ZOOM, Millennial.
Discussant Panel 2:
- Ms. Sascha GABIZON (Germany), Director, Women Engage for a Common Future (WECF), Germany, via ZOOM, Senior
18:40 -18:45 Analysis and Reflections on “The Three United Nations”: Sir Arthur “Richard” JOLLY (UK), Honorary Professor and Research Associate of the Institute of Development Studies at the University of Sussex. Former UN Assistant Secretary-General. Former senior executive at UNICEF. (Zoom)
18:45 – 19:25 Panel 3: PROSPERITY: economic inequalities
- Ms. Andrea SANTIAGO (Mexico), activist and advocate for domestic workers’ rights, Mexico City, via ZOOM, Millennial
- Mr. Patrick TARAN (USA/France), President, Global Migration Policy Associates GMPA, Senior
- Mme Chantal PEYER (Switzerland) Head, Enterprise and Human Rights Team, Pain pour le Prochain, Senior
- M. Raymond SANER (Switzerland), Director, Centre for Socio-Eco-Nomic-Development C-Send, on transnational firms’ responsibilities, Senior
Discussants Panel 3:
- M. Sangheon LEE. Director of the Employment Policy Department (EMPLOYMENT) of the ILO
19:25 – 19:45 Presentation and comments on the online survey results and Millennials views on civil society mobilisation.
- Ms. Sheilla Roxana BALDEÓN ARAGÓN, Master candidate, University of Geneva.
- Mr. Albert BARSEGHYAN, Spokesperson, Fair Internship Initiative.
- Ms. Lucia GOBERNA, Dianova (via Zoom)
- Ms. Chiara MUELLER, Vice President , Executive Board of the Geneva Model United Nations (GIMUN)
19:45 – 20:00 Conclusions
- Amb. Salman BAL Director of the International Geneva Welcome Center (CAGI).
- Mr, Paul LADD, Director, United Nations Research Institute for Social Development
- Ms. Corinne MOMAL-VANIAN, Executive Director, Kofi Annan Foundation.