PEOPLE, PLANET, PROSPERITY
Can social mobilisation shape the agenda at the local, national, and global levels?
Geneva, June 28, 2021
17:00 – 17:15 Welcome and introduction
- Mr. Alejandro BONILLA GARCÍA, President, Greycells
- Ms. Tatiana VALOVAYA, Director General, United Nations Office at Geneva, UNOG
- Ms. Christina KITSOS, Conseillère administrative, City of Geneva
Moderator: Mr. Jérémy SEYDOUX
17:15 – 17:20 Keynote address: Ms. Gro Harlem BRUNTLAND, The Elders (video)
17:20 – 18:00 Panel 1: PEOPLE: Social Inequalities, Including Gender
- Mr. Chouaib EL HAJJAJI (Tunisia) , Women Deliver Young Leader 2020 and SI Leader Lab 2021 Civil Society Leader for gender equality, Millennial .
- Mr. Adama SANNEH (Italy), Co-Founder and CEO, Moleskine Foundation, Millennial.
- Ms. Olive LINYUIY KINGA (Cameroun), Founder of a NGO on child and family poverty, candidate Master of Advanced Studies, University of Geneva (UNIGE), Millennial.
- Ms. Adiba QASIM (Iraq) Yazidi survivor from Northern Iraq, refugee in Switzerland; humanitarian and freelance journalist, Millennial.
Discussant Panel 1:
- – Ms. Annie NAMALA (India), Director, Centre for Equity and Inclusion, New Delhi, via ZOOM, Senior
18:00 – 18:40 Panel 2: PLANET: Environment and Climate Change
- Ms. Océane DAYER (Switzerland), Co-President Sustainable Development Solutions Network Switzerland (SDSN CH). Millenial.
- Mr. Alain FREI, Co-presidents (Switzerland), “Grands parents pour le climat”, Senior.
- Ms. Marie-Claire GRAF (Switzerland), climate activist, Kofi Annan Foundation, Millennial.
- Mr. Lefteris ARAPAKIS (Greece), environmental activist for sustainable fisheries, Founder of Enaleia, and Regional Winner 2020 of Young Champions of the Earth, via ZOOM, Millennial.
Discussant Panel 2:
- Ms. Sascha GABIZON (Germany), Director, Women Engage for a Common Future (WECF), Germany, via ZOOM, Senior
18:40 -18:45 Analysis and Reflections on “The Three United Nations”: Prof. Richard JOLLY, Institute of Development Studies, SUSSEX University (Zoom or video)
18:45 – 19:25 Panel 3: PROSPERITY: economic inequalities
- Ms. Andrea SANTIAGO (Mexico), activist and advocate for domestic workers’ rights, Mexico City, via ZOOM, Millennial
- Mr. Patrick TARAN (Canada), President, Global Migration Policy Associates GMPA, Senior
- M. Josef ZISYADIS (Switzerland), Co-President, Slow Food Suisse, Senior
- M. Raymond SANER (Switzerland), Director, Centre for Socio-Eco-Nomic-Development C-Send, on transnational firms’ responsibilities, Senior
Discussants Panel 3:
- 1 millennial (to be determined): comments on youth employment, Millennial
- Mme Chantal Peyer (Switzerland) Head, Enterprise and Human Rights Team, Pain pour le Prochain, Senior
19:25 – 19:40 Presentation of the online survey results
- Fair Interns Initiative (FII)
- Dianova International
- Geneva International Model United Nations (GIMUN)
- University of Geneva (UNIGE)
19:40 – 20:00 Conclusions
- Amb. Salman Bal. Director of the International Geneva Welcome Center (CAGI).
- Ms. Jayathma WICKRAMANAYAKE, UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, YoungUN, via ZOOM
- Ms. Corinne MOMAL-VANIAN, Executive Director, Kofi Annan Foundation.